The Foundation is a 501(c)(3), 100% volunteer organization. It provides funds for books, library materials, and special projects not covered by the library’s budget.
To encourage community investment through private giving to ensure the people of Benton County the full measure of resources, services, and access befitting a great public library.
Accomplishments the Past Few Years
- Tens of thousands of dollars for library materials (books, DVDs, audio books, and CDs)
- Achievement of “Complete The Block” capital campaign goal
- Self checkout machines and DVD/CD dispensers
- Victor Brookes Reading Room in the children’s area
- Demographic study to support Monroe library expansion
- Centennial art piece “Willamette River Diptych” in main library
- “Suislaw Sun Showers” mobile in main library